- Nutrien Ag Solutions - Your tomorrow begins today
- Strategic leadership role providing high quality Legal and Risk advice
- Docklands , VIC location
Join one of the largest global and Australian agribusinesses and be a key member of the Australian executive team. Lead a team and make a difference..
At Nutrien Ag Solutions, our purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
For over 150 years, our business has been integral to the Australian agricultural industry. We are committed to providing quality local advice, knowledge and expertise for customers and helping grow Australia’s future. With a national network of more than 700 locations and 4,500 employees, Nutrien Ag Solutions is one of the largest agribusinesses operating in Australia. We are part of Nutrien, a global powerhouse operating in eight countries.
Employing the best and brightest minds, our business is supported by an extensive network of corporate branches, franchises, members and agents. Our team are experts in a range of different farming areas, including precision farming services, marketing livestock and wool, agricultural services, finance, insurance, ag merchandise, water and real estate.
About the opportunity:
Reporting directly into the VP & General Counsel, Retail and with a dotted line to the Australian Managing Director, Retail. This role is a key member of the Australian executive team, providing high quality, timely, strategic and commercially appropriate legal support to the Nutrien Ag Solutions (Australia) business. In addition, this role will lead its legal function and act as a liaison to Nutrien Ag Solutions (North American) and its parent (Nutrien, Ltd.).
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsibility for the legal portion of commercial matters, including transactional and M&A work.
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating commercial contracts and advising on risks.
- Providing legal advice regarding strategy for commercial matters.
- Overseeing Australian Integrity Counsel and working with Corporate VP of Integrity when appropriate.
- Responsibility for litigation management. Overseeing internal counsel handling litigation and handling the more complex litigation personally.
- Responsibility for other Legal areas like: environmental, regulatory, employment, real estate, insurance, wool operation.
- Managing external lawyers providing advice to the business, to ensure high quality outputs that are timely and cost-effective.
- Assisting with the management of the external and internal legal budget for the business.
- Contributing to the broader Legal Team in the achievement of objectives.
- Reporting regularly to General Counsel of Nutrien Ag Solutions (North America) on the management of legal matters.
- Attending Legal Department and business meetings as required. Serve as Legal Representative on the Australian Managing Director’s Leadership Team.
- Improving and maintaining the profile and reputation of the legal function through timely, pragmatic and pro-active provision of legal services to all employees.
- Improving and maintaining the reputation of the business through timely, courteous and pragmatic provision of legal services when dealing with customers, suppliers, employees and managers.
To be successful for this role, you will have 10+ years post qualification experience and hold a current Victorian practicing certificate, ideally with strong exposure to Corporate law.
You will demonstrate transferable and diverse experience Ideally; with a mix of private practice and in-house experience. You will demonstrate Strong commercial focus with the ability to provide practical, commercial and regulatory advice. You will have a solid background in corporate and commercial law, as well as the ability to work in a fast paced, high volume environment with many competing deadlines is essential. You will have the ability to build and maintain excellent relationships with internal and external stakeholders (including across the numerous business units, JV’s, management, staff, shareholders and external legal service providers). You will be an accomplished people leader who has experience leading and developing a legal team.
Are you a good match?
At Nutrien Ag Solutions we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability and other legally protected characteristics. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates.
We believe that our diverse workforce is a key strength of our business and we aim to attract the best talent to achieve our strategic goal of being the leading Australian Agribusiness and Employer of Choice in our sector. Our leaders create an environment of mutual respect with inclusive teams and value the individual contributions of our employees. We champion Australian agriculture and lead the way in innovation and investment in the future of farming.
This role is being exclusively handled by Burgess Paluch Legal Recruitment. Any direct or third-party applications will be forwarded to Burgess Paluch for review.
If you are determined to make a difference and want to join a diverse organisation offering the opportunity to gain exposure to Australia’s key growth industry, click on the APPLY button or email a CV to [email protected] or call Doron Paluch to discuss on 0438 004 445. To find out more about Nutrien Ag Solutions go to https://www.nutrienagsolutions.com.au/ or follow us on LinkedIn.
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien Ag Solutions’ policies, you may be required to undergo a background check and/or a pre-employment medical. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit apply.jobadder.com.