- Flexible workplace including working from home
- Established and rapidly growing business
- Enjoy bringing new products to market
Join our award winning team and contribute to a global, innovative technology company. Use your commercial and interpersonal skills to full effect.
Split Payments, a payments and associated financial services Fintech, is looking for a General Counsel to join its award winning team (2021 AFR Most Innovative Tech Company). Split Payments is a fast-growing and highly scalable payments innovator, with significant contracts already in place with large Australian corporates. Split Payments thrives on innovation, growth and an outstanding work culture, and we encourage our team to contribute to shaping the future of our business.
About the role
Reporting to the CEO, our hands-on General Counsel will help scale the legal function as the business rapidly expands. This diverse role will have a focus on corporate, commercial and product matters, together with governance, compliance and regulatory strategy within Australia and internationally. Our General Counsel will take responsibility for the negotiation and management of commercial contracts, provide timely and practical regulatory advice, and enjoy contributing to exciting projects to launch new products both in Australia and internationally.
Our professional and motivated General Counsel will:
- Draft, review and negotiate agreements between Split Payments and its customers and partners.
- Update and draft templates, including contracts, policies and terms.
- Advise on regulatory requirements, potential risks and operational activities relating to products.
- Manage product roll outs to new jurisdictions.
- Assist the management team engage with industry bodies and regulators.
- Take part in M&A transactions, including negotiations and managing external lawyers.
- Provide counsel on risks associated with initiatives, and make recommendations which take into account commercial goals.
- Develop and document internal legal policies and processes to assist the operation and growth of the business.
- Partner with the team to share information about the regulatory environment.
- Maintain a deep knowledge of Split Payments operations, legal positions and risk exposure.
The lawyer we seek
We are seeking a professional and pro-active General Counsel to join our team in Sydney or Byron Bay. We seek applications from switched-on commercial lawyers with highly evolved interpersonal skills, quality training, and a business and customer focused approach. The role is best suited to those with:
- 8+ PQE within a recognised law firm and/or corporate.
- A keen interest in the fintech industry.
- Experience in negotiating contracts with a high degree of sophistication and creativity.
- Knowledge of AFSL and other payment licensing requirements.
- The ability to make practical, timely and solution-oriented recommendations.
- The ability to translate complex legal issues into business / commercial consequences.
What’s on offer?
- A rare chance to shape the legal function of a rapidly expanding, successful company.
- A quality salary package together with a significant ESOP.
- The chance to work flexibly and from home.
- An outstanding work culture and great employment benefits.
How to apply
To be considered, send your CV in confidence to [email protected] or call Paul Burgess to discuss the role on 0414 687 629. This role is exclusive to Burgess Paluch.
To apply for this job please visit apply.jobadder.com.