- Dynamic and expanding business
- Key in-house counsel role
- Fantastic culture, Adelaide based
Join an expanding and dynamic South Australian based company as part of its switched-on in-house counsel team. A career making in-house role...
Cooper Energy is a growing ASX listed exploration and production company and an emerging player the south-east Australian energy sector. It operates gas exploration and production operations in the offshore Otway and Gippsland Basins, produces oil in the Cooper Basin and explores for gas in the onshore Basin. It is bringing new gas supply to south-east Australia with the production from our Sole gas field. Cooper Energy prides itself on a one team culture whilst being a values driven company which strives to think, decide and act at all times in accordance with its values.
This key in-house counsel role, based in the Adelaide head office, will join the Legal Manager and General Counsel as they assist the business meet its commercial objectives and work with them on significant projects. With a strong pipeline of current and future projects, the business offers the chance for a switched-on commercial lawyer to contribute in a hands-on manner and deal direct with senior managers to produce results.
Cooper Energy is a dynamic and results oriented business, with significant assets under development and exploration activities underway. The role will offer the chance to learn from quality in-house lawyers, work on challenging projects, be paid well, deal direct with the business and at times travel. There is also a generous short-term incentive program and employee equity scheme.
Reporting to the Legal Manager, the Corporate Lawyer will:
- Support the Legal Manager to manage the legal requirements at Cooper Energy
- Work across the organisation and be a ‘go to’ person on legal matters
- Draft legal documents and contracts, with a focus on offshore drilling contracting, general C&P agreements, joint venture agreements, farm in agreements, operating agreements and service agreements
- Actively plan and prioritise to ensure deliverables are met on time
- Identify and manage legal and corporate risks for Cooper Energy
- Interpret legislative obligations
Who we seek
We are keen to speak to quality commercial lawyers with around 3-7 years of experience gained in a preeminent law firm or in-house team. You will need to be self-motivated, work well in a team, and have a strong alignment to our company values and some good commercial nous.
To apply for this exciting opportunity email a CV to [email protected] or call Paul to discuss on 0414 687 629. This role is exclusive to BPLR and all CV’s will be forwarded to us for actioning.
To apply for this job please visit apply.jobadder.com.