- Strong, dynamic national company
- Use your interpersonal skills
- Negotiate and draft interesting, high value agreements
Blue-chip finance/corporate/property consultancy. Toss out your timesheets. Use your 2-5 yrs experience, negotiating, commercial & interpersonal..
Exciting new role at this dynamic and rapidly growing finance house.
Established just under 10 years ago, our client currently has around $300 million under management across five wholesale funds.
The company offers a collegial and entrepreneurial culture and is proud of its high rate of staff retention.
Senior Legal Counsel
The company is looking for a Legal Counsel, located in Melbourne. This is a key position assisting the management team and will assist, with support, oversight of the company’s commercial activity, funds and investments. The successful candidate will collaborate closely with the company’s founders and will work with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
Key Attributes of the Successful Candidate:
We are seeking a practical, commercial lawyer. As a keen team player, you are eager to work with and be part of a dynamic team.
Having worked previously within the corporate/commercial or banking and finance team of a tier 1 or mid-tier law firm, you are seeking to use your commercial acumen to structure, oversee documentation with external law firms and to close complex funding transactions.
Specifically, you will be involved in the following:
- Managing the credit approval process in conjunction with the execution team, including participation in Investment Committee meetings;
- Reviewing letters of offer to be issued to borrowers / joint venture partners in relation to transactions after obtaining Investment Committee approval;
- Working with the execution team to oversee documentation by external law firms of the transactions. You will be required to lead negotiations of the finance documentation with borrowers and joint venture partners to close the transactions.
- Establishing of new funds including designing the commercial terms and then overseeing documentation of the constituent documents with external law firms.
- Monitoring to ensure AFSL compliance with internal policies and some corporate governance matters.
- 2-5 years’ experience within a banking and finance team at a law firm .
- Tertiary degree in law and commerce
- Attractive remuneration package, comprising salary plus incentives linked to successful outcomes
- Opportunity to lead or help lead the legal function within an established and fast-growing business.
This role is being exclusively handled by Burgess Paluch Legal Recruitment. Any direct or third party applications will be sent to Burgess Paluch for review. To be considered email a CV in confidence to [email protected] or call Doron Paluch on 0438 004 445.
To apply for this job please visit apply.jobadder.com.