- Mix of franchising agreements, leasing, developments and advice work
- No time-sheets or billable targets
- Work life balance, competitive salary and more!
Rare opportunity for a switched/driven property lawyer to join a larger retailer. Engaging work, dynamic environment, no timesheets!
About the role
Opportunity for a in-house counsel to assist with the continued investment and growth of the company. Both full time and part time applicants will be considered.
Reporting to the Director, you will take responsibility for the in-house legal functions while working collaboratively with the existing external legal panel.
Your primary focus will be to handle most of the transactional legal requirements of this role in-house, including but not limited to:
- Reviewing, negotiating and drafting of business and land contracts;
- Assisting in legal due diligence;
- Drafting of leases, license agreements, franchise agreements, put and call options and disclosure statements;
- Reviewing and providing advice on financial documents;
- Providing sound legal support to underpin commercial outcomes including assisting stakeholders with commercial discussions as required;
- Reviewing of new and existing leases and providing advice to relevant parties of their obligations;
- Ensuring disclosure compliance for retail shop leases;
- Providing advice on the regulatory environment in which the business operates including competition and consumer law and privacy/data breach; and
- Applying approved policies and practices to ensure quality legal advice to stakeholders.
Experience & Key Skills
- 3 to 5 years post admission experience in property, corporate/commercial and ideally with some franchise experience.
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, commercial and personable.
- Solid time manager with a passion for property and the ability to work independently and as part of a small team.
To find out more about this opportunity, email your details in confidence to [email protected] or call Jas Bassi on 0401 748 651.
To apply for this job please visit apply.jobadder.com.