- Strong, national company
- Use your interpersonal skills
- Negotiate and draft interesting, high value agreements
Blue-chip finance/corporate/commercial consultancy. Toss out your timesheets & use your 5-10 yrs experience, negotiating, commercial & interpersonal..
About Monark Property Partners
Monark is a dynamic and rapidly growing structured finance house, focused on investing in middle property markets across the Eastern seaboard of Australia.
Established in 2013, Monark has completed over 100 transactions and currently has around $300 million under management across five wholesale investment funds.
Monark offers a collegial and entrepreneurial culture and is proud of its high rate of staff retention.
Senior Legal Counsel
Monark is looking for a Senior Legal Counsel, located in Melbourne. This is a senior position within the management team and will be responsible, with support, for the legal oversight of Monark’s funds and investments. The successful candidate will collaborate closely with the Monark founders and will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
Key Attributes of the Successful Candidate:
We are seeking a practical, commercial lawyer with a genuine interest in the investment management industry. As a keen team player, you are eager to work with and be part of a dynamic team.
Having worked previously within the banking and finance team of a tier 1 or mid-tier law firm, you are seeking to use your commercial acumen to structure, oversee documentation with external law firms and to close complex property funding transactions.
Specifically, you will be involved in the following:
- Managing the credit approval process in conjunction with the execution team, including participation in Investment Committee meetings;
- Reviewing letters of offer to be issued to borrowers / joint venture partners in relation to property transactions after obtaining Investment Committee approval;
- Working with the execution team to oversee documentation by external law firms of the transactions. You will be required to lead negotiations of the finance documentation with borrowers and joint venture partners to close the transactions.
- Establishing of new funds including designing the commercial terms and then overseeing documentation of the constituent documents with external law firms.
- Monitoring to ensure AFSL compliance with internal policies and some corporate governance matters.
- 5-10 years’ experience within a banking and finance team at a law firm .
- Tertiary degree in law and commerce
- Attractive remuneration package, comprising salary plus incentives linked to successful outcomes
- Opportunity to lead the legal function within an established and fast-growing business.
This role is being exclusively handled by Burgess Paluch Legal Recruitment. Any direct or third party applications will be sent to Burgess Paluch for review. To be considered email a CV in confidence to [email protected] or call Doron Paluch on 0438 004 445.
To apply for this job please visit apply.jobadder.com.