- Manage and lead a team
- Provide high-quality commercial advice
- ASX Top 20 Company
Take on a key leadership role responsible for managing onshore assets for one of Australia's leading oil & gas companies. A career defining position.
Santos is an Australian energy pioneer committed to ever-cleaner energy and fuels production, with operations across Australia, PNG, Timor-Leste and North America. Our commitment is to be a global leader in the transition to cleaner energy and clean fuels, by helping the world decarbonise to reach net-zero emissions in an affordable and sustainable way, through decarbonising projects such as the Moomba CCS project. Santos is Australia’s biggest domestic gas supplier and a leading Asia Pacific LNG supplier.
For over 65 years Santos has been working in partnership with local communities, providing local jobs and business opportunities, safely and sustainably developing its natural gas resources, and powering industries and households. With a strong, low-cost base business supplying oil and gas and a clear action plan to develop cleaner energy and clean fuels, we are at the leading edge of the energy transition.
As part of a dynamic in-house commercial legal team, this role is responsible for managing the legal support for Santos’ Onshore assets and operations.
As the Legal Manager, you will provide and co-ordinate focused commercial legal advice and support for the strategic, operational and business initiatives of Santos’ Onshore business.
In addition to the above, you will:
- Support the Deputy General Counsel and General Counsel in the provision of advice to the CEO and Board on all key legal issues and risks related to Onshore operations
- Provide legal and strategic advice on transactions, contracts and activities undertaken by Santos’ Onshore operations
- Manage and develop a team of lawyers and support the development of other lawyers within the Group
- Engage and manage external legal providers
- Play a key role in instilling a compliance culture and assist on a broad range of legal, regulatory and compliance issues, including litigation
- Assist with key external relationships and stakeholders, including regulatory bodies and joint venture partners
- Liaise with the key stakeholders on all key legal and commercial issues and ensure that all Santos Group corporate, accounting, tax, reporting, insurance, risk and other requirements are met
Joining the in-house legal team at Santos offers a rare opportunity to undertake sophisticated legal work and make a real difference in the way that the business operates.
As part of a well-respected legal team, you will work with high-calibre peers, enjoy a positive team culture, and be supported in your personal career and legal development.
A tier-one employer, in addition to a strong market salary, bonuses and share plans, Santos offers a range of other benefits, including flexible working, (including some WFH,) salary continuance, health and well-being, and career development opportunities.
You will be a commercially focused and astute lawyer, with 15+ PAE gained in a leading law firm and/or in-house team.
How to apply
To discuss this role or obtain the PD in full confidence for this Brisbane based role, email your CV to Jas Bassi via [email protected] or call Jas on 0401 748 651.
A requirement of this role is that you will need to have in place the legal work rights for Australia to apply. This role is exclusive to Burgess Paluch.
To apply for this job please visit apply.jobadder.com.