- Make an immediate difference in the lives of refugees
- Initial 3 month contract
- Join a leading not for profit
Join a leading Not for Profit and make an immediate and real difference in the lives of refugees. Work from home. MULTIPLE ROLES ON OFFER.
Join a highly regarded Not-for-Profit
Our client is one of the largest aid, employment, health and advocacy organsations for people seeking asylum in Australia. It is an independent NFP organsation that provides free, expert legal advice and representation in relation to protection applications to people seeking asylum.
Multiple Roles on offer for Migration lawyers and migration agents
The organisation is seeking a number of migration lawyers/agents to assist with a high volume of interviews for applicants seeking protection visas.
Roles will be offered on an initial 3 month contract basis, and there are multiple positions suited to lawyers and migration agents of varying levels.
Duties for junior to mid level lawyers/migration agents include:
- Reviewing client files and taking instructions, including using interpreters
- Identifying additional protection claims and documentation necessary
- Attending Departmental interviews and supporting clients through these interviews
- Preparing follow-up submissions
Additional duties for the Senior Solicitor/Migration Agent roles:
- Providing support and supervision of solicitors/migration agents, including reviewing substantive written work
- Allocating work to solicitors/migration agents
- Preparing template/precedent documents for use
- Liaising with law firms participating on a pro bono basis in the project
To be considered for the role, you must:
- Be a solicitor or migration agent with demonstrated experience in migration / refugee law
- Have strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Have developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work empathetically with applicants from a range of backgrounds
- Be able to commence as soon as possible
These roles are exclusive to Burgess Paluch. To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion about this and other roles, please contact Jas Bassi on 03 8676 0331 or email your CV to [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit apply.jobadder.com.