- Interesting Employment Law and Industrial Relations
- Work on high level matters as you develop your practice
- Supportive and Innovative Environment
Unique new role for a Senior Lawyer (10++ PQE) to advise on high level employment & industrial relations matters. Innovative, supportive environment.
This is a unique new role working at senior level on an interesting and broad variety of employment law, industrial relations, litigation, and administrative law matters. This role also presents an opportunity for a senior lawyer to develop a practice (or to further develop a practice) in a supportive and innovative environment.
About the role
The Dispute Resolution/Employment Law practice group provides specialist expertise in resolving and managing disputes across many areas of law. It acts for regulatory agencies in enforcing the law, protects sensitive information from disclosure, defends government decisions and responds to claims made against the Commonwealth. It is often involved in the largest and most sensitive matters affecting the Australian Government.
In this role you will represent/advise the Commonwealth in all aspects of employment and industrial relations law, including administrative law matters. You will advise and appear for Commonwealth clients before courts, tribunals and the Fair Work Commission (including as solicitor advocate where appropriate) and in dealings with other parties, witnesses and counsel. Depending on expertise and experience, your work will include complex and sensitive employment law and industrial relations matters before a range of forums, as well as work for employment regulators.
This role will suit an experienced dispute resolution employment and/or industrial relations lawyer ideally with some experience advising and appearing for Commonwealth clients.
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- a minimum of 10 years PQE including some practice in Commonwealth employment law
- expert understanding and demonstrated experience advising clients about applicable employment and industrial relations law including the Public Service Act 1999, Fair Work Act 2009, Work, Health and Safety Act 2011, anti-discrimination legislation and related regulations and frameworks
- demonstrated record of managing a wide range of complex and sensitive employment and industrial relations litigation in all relevant jurisdictions including the AHRC, Fair Work Commission and Federal Court ideally for Commonwealth clients
- experience in managing complex stakeholder relationships, including resolving competing perspectives or viewpoints arising in the conduct of legal matters
- the ability to clearly articulate complex technical arguments and draft complex advisory opinions
- ability to demonstrate active engagement in marketing and business winning, as well as identifying emerging business opportunities and supporting delivery of new services in the Commonwealth context
- demonstrated experience with leading, supervising and supporting lawyers to achieve practice group goals involving individual professional development, career progression, performance, mentoring, team capability requirements and national team work.
- demonstrated capacity to meet personal net production and revenue targets.
You will work with a community of professionals dedicated to the national interest. You will work collaboratively in an inclusive environment where everyone’s contribution is valued, and success is rewarded. Competitive remuneration package on offer.
With open door access to some of Australia’s most respected lawyers, our client is a developer of talent and critical thinking and you will partner with clients to deliver creative solutions to current and emerging legal issues of national importance.
Our client is a supportive organisation which embraces diversity. It understands that work is only part of your life and while the workplace can be demanding at times, it also provides access to a range of flexible working options, generous leave entitlements and wellbeing benefits to support your needs throughout your career.
To discuss this role and others that may be suitable speak confidentially to Doron Paluch on 03 8676 0302 email a CV to [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit apply.jobadder.com.