- Significant projects and complex contracts
- Use your commercial and interpersonal skills
- Inclusive and supportive team and culture
Use your commercial, legal and interpersonal skills and contribute to significant projects and negotiations, as part of a highly regarded team...
Who we are
As one of the state’s largest and most iconic organisations, we’re proud to make things better for members and better for our community. More than 780,000 members choose us to deliver peace of mind through our trusted range of motor, home and travel products and services. We’re also one of the state’s largest employers (and growing!), with more than 1,000 employees working collectively with the common goal to keep our members moving.
As a forward thinking, positive and passionate business, with a high-performing team, the culture of the legal team emphasizes commerciality, client service, and excellence. It gets involved in significant legal and commercial projects and negotiations, and provides leadership on complex and high value contractual arrangements.
This role reports to the General Counsel. It encourages autonomous thinking, senior level client interaction, and commercial negotiations, and you will forge relationships directly within the business.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating on commercial and IT agreements
- Commercial and regulatory advice
- Assisting in negotiations on behalf of the business
- Contributing on the legal side of large IT projects
- Supervising and mentoring junior lawyers in the legal team
Our ideal lawyer will have a collaborative leadership style, with the ability to influence others into action and to think creatively about solutions. The right person for this role must have a passion for the business and be driven to accomplish and meet objectives. This position is responsible for providing trusted advice to the business and will successfully influence and support strategies to meet our business objectives.
The lawyer we seek
We are seeking applications from commercially minded lawyers with around 6+ years of experience gained in a leading law firm or in-house team.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- Excellent Flexible Work Arrangements, including Working from Home Options in conjunction with RAA’s new Working Flex Program (flexible leave, flexible site and flexible time of work)
- Inhouse Wellbeing and Resilience training program
- Wellness days in addition to usual personal entitlements
- Onsite Wellbeing Facilities and Corporate Health Insurance Plan
- Free RAA Premium Road Service
- Discounts on all RAA Products and Services
- Ongoing Training & Development Opportunities & Study Support Program
- On-site Café – plus much more!
To be considered for this role, email a CV only to Paul Burgess via [email protected] or call Paul to discuss on 0414 687 629. This role is exclusive to Burgess Paluch.
To apply for this job please visit apply.jobadder.com.