- Fantastic in-house role with a NZ listed company
- Competitive salary + bonus
- Collaborative team environment
Be the 1st of many in this newly created Melbourne role with Summerset Retirement Villages. NZ listed company, close-knit team environment....
We are one of New Zealand’s largest and most respected retirement village and aged care operators. We design, build and operate retirement villages throughout New Zealand where over 7,000 residents call Summerset home. And now, due to continued growth, we are expanding into Australia.
The Senior Legal Counsel role will be responsible for providing legal support to Summerset’s Australian business (with a particular focus on land acquisition and development transactions) and assisting the business to manage, identify and mitigate legal risk.
The role is the first Australian legal role and will play a key part in establishing the Australian legal function and proving leadership and mentoring to other members of the Australian legal team as it grows.
Reporting to the Head of Legal & Company Secretary, you will assist in setting the direction and key objectives for the Australian legal function and business. You will primarily support the Australian business with land acquisition and development activities, including:
- Completing legal due diligence on potential land acquisitions.
- Negotiating agreements for sale and purchase and managing satisfaction of conditions and settlement.
- Managing all legal aspects of Summerset’s retirement village developments, including managing subdivisions, drafting and negotiating development agreements, options to purchase, easements and encumbrances, and liaising with relevant authorities.
- Advising on FIRB issues.
- Advising on development related disputes and issues.
You are a commercial property or development lawyer with 7-12+ PQE gained at a leading law firm or in-house environment. You will also possess strong drafting skills, be personable and eager to take on new challenges.
– Competitive salary + bonus
– Collaborative team environment
– Engaging work
How to apply
To obtain a copy of the PD or discuss this role in confidence, email Jas at [email protected]
A requirement of this role is that you will need to have in place the legal work rights for Australia to apply. This role is exclusive to Burgess Paluch.
To apply for this job please visit apply.jobadder.com.