Burgess Paluch offers bespoke and professional outplacement services for both private practice and in-house lawyers in Australia.
Burgess Paluch’s executive level outplacement service specialises in and is solely tailored to support lawyers as they transition from their employer and into the job market. Our experienced senior consultants, with current and in-depth knowledge of the legal market, are experts in assisting lawyers to position themselves for re-employment in the shortest amount of time possible. We work with lawyers of all levels, from juniors to partners or General Counsel, to find positions in law firms, mid and top-tier firms, in-house and in government, and can also provide temporary and contract roles via our network of referrers.
Our consultants are best placed to provide tailored, and legal industry relevant, career and job-hunting advice, interview preparation and interview coaching, and resume and cover letter preparation. Unlike generalist executive outplacement services, who rarely deal with lawyers, we use our first-hand and significant knowledge of the current market to increase the likely success of re-employment as soon as possible, while still providing emotional and advisory support.
What we offer:
- Advice on an appropriate job search strategy
- Current market advice, including determining likely success rates and target audiences
- Identifying high probability positions to apply for, and how to apply for them
- Advice on accessing the hidden job market
- Resume review, advice and writing services
- Cover letter/job application review, including addressing key selection criteria
- LinkedIn profile review and advice
- Social media screening
- One-on-one coaching and interview preparation
- Post-interview coaching, feedback and constructive review
- Identifying weaknesses and skills gaps, and providing relevant training options
- Salary/remuneration negotiation and advice
We provide Outplacement Services via phone/Skype nationally and in person in Melbourne and Sydney and other capital cities by arrangement.
Contact us for more details and pricing or send any inquiries to Paul Burgess, Director, via [email protected]. Our packages are reasonable, and there are bespoke options available, as well as discounts for multiple referrals.
Sydney: Kirsty McNay 02 9216 9080
Melbourne: Paul Burgess 03 8676 0372